Candidates applying for the Non-Technical Popular Category (NTPC) can get here the complete syllabus details along with the exam pattern. In order to prepare well for the examination, aspirants need to stay updated with every information related to the examination like Exam Dates, Exam Timings, Railway NTPC Syllabus 2019, Exam Pattern etc. which you can find here in detail.
|Name of the Organization||Railway Recruitment Board (RRB)|
|Name of the Posts||Non-Technical Popular Category (NTPC)|
|RRB NTPC Exam Date||June – September 2019|
The RRB NTPC Selection Process for the given posts is done in various stages. Candidates will be selected based on the performance in the First and the Second Stage and the rest will be qualified in nature. Below are the given stages of Selection Process-
- First Stage Online Examination (PT–CBT)
- Second Stage Examination (Mains–CBT)
- Typing Skill Test/ Computer-Based Aptitude Test
- Document Verification/ Medical Examination
RRB NTPC 1st Stage Exam Pattern 2019
|Name of the Section||No. of Questions||Total Duration|
|General Awareness||40||90 Minutes|
|General Intelligence and Reasoning||30|
The RRB NTPC Prelims Exam is the 1st Stage that will comprise of 3 sections i.e. Mathematics, Reasoning & General Intelligence, and General Awareness.
- There will be a total of 100 questions of 1 mark each.
- The composite time to solve all the sections will be 90 minutes.
- For every wrong answer, 1/3rd of the marks will be deducted
- Go through the below sections to get all the details.
RRB NTPC 2nd Stage Exam Pattern 2019
|Section||No. of Questions||Total Duration|
|General Awareness||50||90 Minutes|
|General Intelligence & Reasoning||35|
The RRB NTPC Mains Exam will also comprise of 3 sections as like the Prelims Exam.
- The total number of questions will be of 120 with a total of 90 minutes.
- There will be negative marking of 1/3 Mark for every wrong answer.
Railway NTPC Syllabus 2019 – Prelims & Mains Exam
The syllabus for both RRB NTPC Prelims & Mains Exam will be the same. The only difference between the two exams will be the exam pattern. Candidate can check the below-mentioned Railway Non-Technical Syllabus details-
Railway Non Technical Syllabus 2019 – Mathematics
- Number System
- Ratio and Proportions
- Time and Work
- Time and Distance
- Simple and Compound Interest
- Profit and Loss
- Elementary Algebra
- Geometry and Trigonometry
- Elementary Statistics etc.
RRB Non Technical Syllabus – General Intelligence & Reasoning
- Completion of Number and Alphabetical Series
- Coding and Decoding
- Mathematical Operations
- Similarities and Differences
- Analytical Reasoning
- Venn Diagrams
- Data Sufficiency
- Statement- Courses of Action
- Decision Making
- Interpretation of Graphs etc.
Railway NTPC Syllabus – General Awareness
- Indian Economy
- Study about Indian History
- Indian Geography
- Indian Railways (Facts & Figures, History)
- Indian Culture & Heritage
- Current Affairs (National, International. Organizations, Person in News, Deaths & Demises, Awards, Science & Technology, Sports, Government Policies etc.)
- Indian Polity
- Static Affairs (National, International, Organizations, Awards & Honours, Science & Technology, Yearbook, Days, Dates etc.)